Digital Landscape Photography Courses
Full Day Group Course for Two People
Max Attendees: 2
I offer tuition to small groups comprising of two or three relatives or friends as I find that this ensures a commonality of objectives which can be best achieved. By keeping numbers low, I can make sure that all participants still receive my personal tuition which allows them to get the best out of their day. Prices are based on the full price of a One to One Course for the first participant plus a reduced amount for subsequent participants. Please click on the link below for further information and available dates or contact me via the Contact page if you have any queries.
What you will learn
- Improve your digital landscape photography by taking creative photographs that really capture the moment
- Understand your camera and all its functions which will allow you to shoot on manual mode and obtain more professional results
- Obtain a good understanding of focus points, correct exposure, metering and depth of field issues
- Use of ND filters to ensure the correct exposure between light skies and darker foregrounds, one of the essentials for good landscape photography
- Understand how to see photographically and know what works well when photographing landscapes
- Understand the rules of composition and how to obtain a well balanced and structured image
- Understand the benefits of shooting in RAW against jpeg and the optimum settings for uploads to PC or laptop and file conversion
- Be able to undertake image fixes and photo stitching using Photoshop or Elements
Materials and Equiment
- Your own digital SLR camera and its instruction manual. I can lend you a Canon EOS 400D, lenses and filters if required
- A few prints of your previous work for constructive and honest C&C
- Spare batteries if you have them
- A good supply of memory
- Any lenses you
- A tripod if you have one but I can supply if necessary
- Warm and weatherproof clothing and boots is a must as the weather can be changeable
- Notebook and pencil (unless you have a good memory!). Please note, however, that comprehensive course notes will be provided for you to take away with you.
- Please bring a packed lunch
- This is the total price for two people and includes all tuition, picking up at Keswick, transport to and from all locations and to and from my lodge at Bassenthwaite and free use of equipment (camera, tripod, lenses and filters) if required. Not included are any accomodation and personal accident insurance.