Digital Landscape Photography Courses
One to One Adobe Photoshop CC Course for Photographers
Location: The course can be given either at Keswick or Preston
Max Attendees: 1
I’m a big advocate of getting the image right in-camera which is something I always teach on my courses. However, sometimes what you see when you upload an image is not exactly what you remember seeing at the time that you took it. This may be due to camera limitations or incorrect settings which were not obvious on the small LCD display of your camera. We can use Photoshop techniques to correct these problems and fine tune an image to produce the image that was intended.
JPEG, the file type that beginners most commonly use, has a limited amount of options for amending and improving your images. Most DSLR and bridge cameras now have RAW capability (NEF/CR2/ARW etc…) but most people don’t use this as they are not sure how best to amend these files post-capture.
A Raw file contains 4 times the amount of data than a JPEG file. This data can be used initially by the RAW Converter within Photoshop to fine tune your images. You can then use the amended file to make further changes within the full Photoshop application.
This course is aimed at beginners who have either never used RAW before or have limited knowledge on the subject. It is primarily aimed at bringing back an image to how you remembered it was when you took it. It is not for people who want to completely change an image to something that never existed.
What you will learn
- How to set up your CC preferences
- Camera RAW Image Processing
- Editing Techniques including adjustment of Levels, Hue and Saturation, Shadows and Highlights etc...
- Dodging and Burning
- Basic use of Layers
- Creating panoramas with Photomerge
- Saving Techniques
Materials and Equiment
- The course will be given on my iMac using Photoshop CC so, unless you really want to, there is no need to bring your own laptop with you
- Notebook and pencil (unless you have a good memory!).
- A CD, memory stick or media card containing the Raw or JPEG files that you wish to amend. If, however, you have not yet shot in RAW, I can supply these for you.
- The course will last approximately 3 hours. Refreshments will be served whilst we are working
- Any images that you amend will be burnt to a CD for you to take away with you
- Other programmes such as Lightroom and Photoshop Elements are very similar and you will be able to use the skills that you learn on this course on these programmes also